Aina Khan, OBE is Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales. She provides International legal solutions across the UK and globally. With over 25 years’ expertise and more than 5,000 cases, Aina is a world-renowned specialist in the field of Family Law and a leading expert in Islamic and Asian issues. She is regularly instructed to prepare Expert Reports on Private International Law for courts.
Aina is unique in identifying the precise solution to complex International legal issues, setting innovative strategy and delivering lasting results in the following areas:
- Businesses, Company Assets, Trusts
- Children Arrangements/Moving Abroad
- Cohabitation & Separation Agreements
- Disputed Inheritance, Contentious Probate, Wills
- Divorce, Separation, Nullity
- False Allegations of Abuse
- Fathers & Grandparents’ rights to see children
- Financial Settlements after Divorce or Separation
- Freezing Orders on Properties, Cars, Bank accounts
- In-laws’ joint ownership of property or business
- International Families/Ex-Pats/Jurisdictional disputes
- Islamic Marriage Contracts
- Surrogacy and its Legality in Muslim countries
- Tracing Missing Assets/Persons
- Validity of International and Islamic Marriage and Divorce
Aina Khan works with Cross-Sector teams: Private International law, Property, Wealth Management, Commercial, Islamic Finance, Dispute Resolution, Venture Capital, Tech, Oil and Gas. She relies on a personally chosen, trusted network of legal experts – across UK, Europe, Middle East, Far East, South Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Australia.
Aina often appears on media, advises government and academics, writes and lectures at UK and International Universities.
Among other things, Aina Khan is:
- Author of “Islamic Alternative Dispute Resolution” – LexisNexis’ Family Law Service
- Advisor to Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Defence, Home Office, Foreign Office, Department of Communities & Local Government & other Government Departments, Parliamentarians and International Universities
- Director of Register Our Marriage campaign for marriage law reform.
- Member of Law Society’s Family Panel
- Married with 2 children.
To download Aina Khan’s full curriculum vitae in pdf format, click here.